Now that I’m learning Mandarin, these are some Chinese Dramas that have been recommended to me:
- When a Snail Falls in Love
In Progress (7/13/2018)
- The Disguiser
- Nirvana in Fire = 琅琊榜. Finally found a Chinese Drama that I like—even understood an occasional Mandarin word/phrase! Historical (fictional?) Chinese drama, a whopping 54 episodes long. Difficult to “get into” because of the challenges of so many characters with similar names and looks. Uncertain if/when I’ll ever watch another CDrama? Watched final episode on 5/1/2017 on @Viki. (Also watched some episodes on @DramaFever.) It took 4-5 months to finish all the episodes.
- The Disguiser = 伪装者. Historical drama that takes place mainly in the late 1930’s in Shanghai and elsewhere in China. It shows how the Japanese occupation of China lead to the Kuomintang (Nationalist China) and the Chinese Communist Party. Watched final episode 29 Aug 2018, on Viki. The final episode was rather lame, but I liked the other episodes.
- My Amazing Boyfriend (China). Tried unsuccessfully to stay awake through nearly two episodes. Finally gave up 5/11/2016.
- Murphy’s Law of Love (Taiwan). Couldn’t make it through the first episode. 7/2/16
- Love O2O. Slept through episode 1 on 12/24/2016. Video game-related.
- Ice Fantasy. Watched one episode.